Cardisc file format

Does anybody know the file format or encoder that the Alfa Cardisc files are
compressed with? They have the extension .PIC, I thought somebody said they
were the same as .bmp but that seems to not be true.

I'm tired of my $68 disc being as much use as a table mat just because I
upgraded to WinXP. I have looked and their XP-Upgrade page still doesn't
include my particular disc ('67 GTV) despite it being promised for last
October. They don't answer my emails any more.

I want to use some other software to catalog the pictures on the disc, but I
need to know the file format to do that. Any other suggestions/hints very
welcome - anything is better than keeping a 4 yr old computer around whos only
function is to read their disc.

Thanks

-Richard Lane

PS If anyone from cardisc happens to be reading this, then perhaps a jump into
the 21st century (or even the late 90s) is called for; Acrobat/PDFs aren't
going away any time soon, you can zoom in on PDFs, you can text-search PDFs you
can scale PDFs to fit the screen etc etc - all things you can't do with a cardisc.