Milano door lock

Thanks to all who explained how to get into a Milano door.

Has anyone ever experienced a problem where the lock just jams? Not like it's sticky from lack of lubrication, but something prevents the mechanism from moving enough to do anything. It was locked (removing the door panel with the door closed was interesting), but enough poking at it to see what the problem was made it work for a little while, and now it's stuck unlocked. I have yet to remove the latch from the door--I was hoping somebody on the digest might have experienced something like this. When it does come time to remove the damn thing--how do the door handles, etc, connect to the lock? Is it like a GTV6 with a ball on the end of the rods that snaps into a plastic socket?

Thanks,
Joe