Re: alfa-digest V9 #523

This is good news. The "official" announcement at Geneva in January (or was it February?) said only the Coupe, Spider and 166 and SPECIFICALLY stated that the 156 and 147 would NOT be offered here. OTOH, The next generation Spider and Coupe MIGHT resemble the Brera slightly, but don't look for a car that echoes this concept too closely. Remember, Alfa just recently "freshened" the existing Spider and GTV, so the all new one is probably still some years away.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S

On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 07:53 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 20:56:03 -1000
From: "Daniel Devaney" <ddevaney@domain.elided>
Subject: Alfa's Return to US (as of May 2003)

Jim Bratek asked about "the latest" (his words) on the perpetual saga of
Alfa's return to the US. The most recent words I've seen were in Autoweek:
http://www.autoweek.com/ cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&lo
c_code=index&content_code=06318254

Highlights: 2007 return with six-model lineup: (1) Brera coupe, (2) Brera
Spider derivative, (3) 156 replacement, (4) 156 Sportwagon replacement, (5)
Kamal, and (6) 147 replacement. Items 1 through 4 "will be the cornerstones
of Alfa Romeo's 2007 return to the USA. They have front- and four-wheel-drive
derivatives and are based on the Premium platform developed with Saab."
Time will tell. (I wonder if Alfa is underestimating potential US demand for
the 147.)

Dan in Honolulu