Subject: Re: 164 Power Seat Fuse Location
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:16:38 EDT
From: Piloto@domain.elided
To: bennetts@domain.elided, alfa-digest@domain.elided

Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 22:34:08 -0600
From: Bernie & Diana Bennett Subject: Re: 164 power seat New question: fuse location?

All:

I was attempting to move a working up & down seat switch to the forward and
back switch location and somehow blew the power seat fuse. I see in the
owners manual where it is supposed to be; but can't find it. Anybody got
any clues? Right now neither seat is adjustable. bad - baad - bad!

TIA for any help,
Bernie Bennett
The fuse for the power seats is to the right of and above the steering column, hidden behind a cluster of fuses and relays that the 164 is rampant with. It is the only 20 amp fuse in that vicinity. You have to either look really hard with a mirror or a really small person up there to find it without taking off the mask below the instrument panel pod (called the Electronic Panel in the shop manual) and the instrument panel (Electronic Panel) itself to see it better or to find it at all. I put a 25 amp fuse in and have had no problems with its blowing since then, no smoke either.

John Maclay

'64 2600 Spider
'91 164 L