Urethane bushings

I don't think urethane bushings would be a bad choice, but remember that they will wear out (sometimes more rapidly then stock rubber), and unless you lube them (graphite lube seems to be the best choice) on installation they will squeek like no other.  Also remeber, the urethane is much more rigid and will allow for less flex.  In the area of this topic (trailing arm mounts) that is not a bad thing though.  You will just feel the "road" more.
Urethane is not always the best choice, but in this application it seems to be.  I can think of a few applications in off-road racing where stock rubber is the much more common choice then urethane, and many more applications where Acetol (sp? - commonly referred to as Delrin) is a better choice.

Steve Hartman
71 GTV - Euro (sold???)
72 GTV - Resto Project
89 ranger (at least the cab is) - offroad race project
89 Honda Civic SI - rice box daily driver