Re: Headlight cover discoloration

When I wanted help with my foggy rear window on my '71 Spider I went to a place called Tap Plastics in Sacramento (916-481-7584)---( tapplastics.com ). They sold me a liquid cleaner of a brand called "Island Girl." It did a good job of cleaning off the oxidized layer and softening (as in 'rendering more flexible') the clear vinyl window. I would suggest taking a cover in to them or a place like them and asking for help. They are in the Yellow Pages under "plastic" with folks who supply sheet, tubing, materials for composite fabrication, etc.. AND I just went to their web site and searched "island girl," they still have the product line. As I don't know what type of plastic the covers are made of I'd really suggest showing it to a plastics guy.Good Luck, Nickps- can someone please email me and tell me how to change from recieving individual emails to getting the digest in bulk? Thanks.