Re: GTV6 condenser

Glad I could be of some help. It's funny, I just finished a major mechanical refurbishment of my GTV-6; new 3.0 liter engine, 'S-Cams', Steebro rear exhaust resonator, re-mapped ECU, power steering, new yellow Konis, AC resurrection, bigger cross-drilled rotors, bigger calipers, 'light competition' pads, etc., and the AC gave the most trouble of all. Even the engineering required to fit the PS system to the GTV-6 was not nearly so daunting as the damned AC refurbishment. Luckily, the Sanken AC compressor that I got from the boys at APE, is a very good one (makes no noise. I'm told that's unusual in one of these that's been sitting for a long time), and most of the other parts required are pretty standard (the dryer, in fact, came from GM!) and the new hoses were custom made on the spot. All in all, I'm pleased. Now I need to find a new interior (front and rear seats, tan leather), get the rear wheel bearings replaced, and fix that damned rattle in the transaxel, and then I'll be good to go (and broke).

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S