16v Weber jetting

    Greetings.  Anybody have any experience or opinions on re-jetting a pair
of 40 mm Webers from a 1750 Alfa to suit a 1600 16v (Toyota 4AG from an
mr2)?  Like, how close would the specs be for a 1600 Alfa in a comparable
state of tune, or would the higher rev limits and 16v dictate settings
closer to the 1750 or 2000?  I've asked around about this, but Weber dealers
seem to regard jetting info as a matter of national security or something,
even if you've bought the carbs from them.  Jetting programs I've seen are
based on displacement, rpm, and state of tune for 8v mills.  I'm just
looking for some baseline settings for a stock engine to save some time and
guesswork. Rice boys don't know anything about carbs.  Ideas? TIA, Ron.