Re: Limited-slip on '71 GTV?

On Wed, 7 May 2003 06:10:02 -0700 Glenn Wasserman <glennwa@domain.elided> wrote:

> I checked out the '71 GTV for trade with my Spider. I forgot to ask if
> the car
> has a limited-slip differential. Can anyone tell me if all '71's had it?

got me. i was under the impression that limited slip was a feature of
2 liter cars.

> Also, all euro 1750's had headers, right?

all the 115 GTVs seem to have two piece cast iron headers; the US and euro
1750s appear to have the same parts here. US market exhaust systems didn't
get funky until emissions had tightened up a bit. (i'm inferring this from
my copy of the parts book for 1969 US market GTVs, which doesn't show the
header, implying that it's the same as the euro, and which clearly shows
where the two pieces of the header meet up with the exhaust.)

richard