Berlina value

    How could i not respond to this one....

alfa-digest wrote:

> "Jeff Thraen" <jeff@domain.elided>
> Subject: eBay Berlina
>
> > I am sure many have seen or heard of the $9,000.00 Berlina currently on
> > eBay.  Well the curiosity was too much.  I finally got through to the
> > owner and saw the car today.  Before I say anything about the car, it
> > should be understood that the seller does not seem to understand how eBay
> > works.  From our conversation, the price is the asking price, but he is
> > willing to accept less.  I did not want to be rude and explain how eBay
> > works, so I did not say anything.

Too bad. maybe you would have done the guy a favor.....

> > All in all, a very nice car.
> >
> > So, what is the most someone would pay for a Berlina?  I see that there is
> > a GTV on eBay that is now over $15k.  Would anyone pay $9k for a Berlina?

There seem to have been a few $3-6k Berlinae, very nice cars it appears. It doesn't seem a stretch to
me that given the limited years these were made that they be at least comparable to the spider in
terms os price - if not now, soon. A history of knowledgeable alfa ownership seems to do more for the
value than any other single factor.

Ultimately, each person decides their own value, and how that investment is returned.

--
Norm Riffle
Its-A-Grind.com