Re: garage floors (becoming ways to keep floors clean? Floor comfort?)

Interesting ways this one is branching out..

Myself, I have a uncoated concrete floor..

I have a long, narrow Persian style carpet that was going into a trashcan, it has been doing some duty as a floor softener next to the car.. (for me to lay on)

Then I found something REALLY good for laying on at a Kragen a while back, a pack of foam pads, 2' x 2' that can be attached with dovetail edges in various ways.. 4 pads for $8 on sale, cant beat that with a stick!

They make a HUGE difference, just using two to lay on while under the car is a good size pad, long enough and easily moved around at need..

Another thing I found, is a roll of heavy brown construction paper, 3' x 140' for about $8-9, just tear off a 4 to 5' piece and slide it under where you're working.. it's heavy enough to soak light spills, and has been saving a me lot of cleanup time.. especially with all the dirt scraping I'm doing to clean a very grungy underbody. Just fold up the paper and crud into a nice little package to toss in the can..

What I have yet to cover is a Shop Pillow.. Idea being some kind of support block or such, to hold up your head while laying on your side for long durations.. like cranking on those allthread spring extractors!

I just found some closed cell, fairly stiff packing foam pieces that I thought I threw out, so I'm just about set..

Jon
77 Spider