RE: Brake Booster clean out

Eric,
This happened to me once ,too. The brake master cylinder failed and
gradually filled the booster on my 1971 1750 Spider. I kept looking
for brake fluid leaks but never found any. One day driving in rush
hour traffic all cars came to a sudden stop. The fluid in the booster
surged and sent a slug of it into the vacuum connection to the intake
manifold. The engine exhaust belched a huge cloud of white smoke that
nearly obscured four lanes of highway and I finally realized where
all that brake fluid was going. I just emptied out the booster without
cleaning it and never had any problem with it.
Gil
1985 Spider
Port Orange, FL