Milano 2.5 engine into 79 Alfetta

In a message dated 4/24/2003 8:24:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re[2]: Milano 2.5 engine into 79 Alfetta
>
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:43:05 -0700 George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided>
> wrote:
> >As for gauges, snag those from a
> >GTV-6, at least they'll actually FIT the Alfetta's binnacles (the
> >central one will require some modification,
>
> you are, of course, assuming that he's talking about an Alfetta GT. i read
> his original note looking for an indication of whether he was talking about
> a sedan or a coupe, and couldn't find one.
>
> if he's talking about a sedan then the milano bits will in many cases
> be the right way to go.
>
> richard
> - --

       I also thought the email concerned a swap into an Alfetta Sedan.  Only
those of us who own Alfetta sedans think of them.  To me an Alfetta is a
sedan; an Alfetta GT is a coupe.   Good reason for all posters to specify
exactly what model and year Alfa they are talking about.
       Why build a GTV-6 from a coupe, when the GTV-6 is so cheap?  However,
the Alfetta sedan is a much prettier body style than the Milano, so
conversion makes perfect sense to me.  And no, I am not highly opinionated...
 <grin>

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City