The Fred memorial webpaage

Richard Welty's suggestion - - "space on the server for an in memoriam web
page, and we can post the URL on the digest when it's ready"   - - seems to me
to be spot-on, with one possible amendment; that the page include the memorial
content of the special memorial edition of "Velocissima" which is being
prepared by the current editor, Tom Lesko. "Velocissima" is the newsletter of
the Alfa Owners of New England (AONE, or A-ONE, a chapter of AROC); the
newsletter and, as far as I know, the chapter, were Fred's creations and were
certainly sustained largely by him (as editor, principal contributor, and
arm-twister behind most other contributions) and by Anna (usually as
secretary, treasurer, gofer, etc) until they left New England for Florida.
Most of the other chapter newsletters (and "Alfa Owner", the AROC magazine)
skimmed much of their technical content from Fred's Velocissima writings,
often with garbled attributions by the third or fourth iteration. (An Ohio
reprint, reprinted in Wisconsin, would appear in St. Louis as "by Bob Dimateo
of Wisconsin" - -)

Most of this was long before there was an Alfa Digest, an I-Cars Digest, or
common internet access, and the survivors among the people who knew Fred and
his Alfa involvement the longest and the best will probably be represented in
Velocissima, and are not necessarily on-line. I feel it would be most
appropriate for their thoughts and memories to be incorporated in the proposed
webpage, if Richard and Tom Lesko agree.

John H.

Raleigh, N.C.