Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik G Wood <genericwood@domain.elided>
Subject: Complete Clutch Disengagement

I'm looking for any ideas on why the clutch may not be completely disengaging
on my '74 GTV.  It recently returned to the road after a complete engine and
tranny rebuild.  It has a new clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing.
The clutch will disengage to the point that the car will not move from rest
with the pedal depressed, but gear changes are slowed and I can tell the
synchros are working overtime. I have bled the clutch slave cylinder, at least
as well as my wife's patience would allow.  The only other thing I can think
might be contributing is a sloppy pin in the pedal box to clutch master rod
connection.  Any ideas? Erik Wood