Re: K&N air filter/Spider

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 Wiskas42@domain.elided wrote:

>   Does anyone out there use a K&N air filter on there Spider,If so did you
> notice any performance difference and where did you buy it?

I had to order the K&Ns for my spider. Did I notice a difference? Nope -
no difference at all -- of course I put them in almost immediately after I
bought the spider because there was NO filter in the airbox. So not
noticing any difference would be a good thing. ;)

I put a K&N in my Suburban's airbox. Did it make a difference? Well, under
heavy throttle it certainly SOUNDS more impressive. And when I was towing
from CA to TX I didn't have any problems, even going up and down the few
mountain roads. Mileage did seem to improve by about 1 mpg (the 454 does a
good job moving that beast around --- but it sure is thirsty!!!) when I
drive normally.