Re: RWD F1 cars & FWD advantage (not!)

Hi

>>Porsche has rear seats on the 911's<<

Yes, but it is rear engined, not mid engined. Move the engine
to a bit forward of where the rear seats are and it would be mid
engined ;-)

>>As for advantage of weight over front wheels for snow, I don't know
about that.  Again my Milano Verde, limited slip and all drove through
snow, sleet, rain etc. etc. with no problems and better than most fwd
cars I've driven.  So for me its no an advantage at all.<<

Maybe, but I have had my old 75 sideways in snow going down hill as
the rear tried to overtake the front from engine braking (not touching
the brakes). Not had anything similar in a fwd car. In poor conditions
I FAR prefer the handling of the fwd 33 (althought the 3wd drive variants
are even better)

Although the 75 might be better in snow that something like an old
BMW 3 series, that is hardly an achievement, as their direction
of travel was likely to be fairly random in snow

All the best

Keith