Here we got a problem. HELP PLEASE.

Don't worry, my cars runs fine.

I just got a mail from a guy in ROMANIA.
His english isn't that good, but pretty understandable.
The guy claims to be a student and not being able to afford
expensive fixings. He also asked me to find an engine for him.
He even invited me there to stay in his place. I cannot go, even
if I'd love to see the Black Sea.
Anyway... below a sum up of the situation and the troubles.
Who can give any help to this guy, please mail him at
shadz2liviu@domain.elided
His name is Liviu.
I think I remember there are some guys from ROMANIA in Alfa digest
or Alfa75 yahoo group. If that's true, please contact the guy and
see what ya can do.
I just don't like leaving an Alfista in trouble, isn't it?
OK.
The situation looks terrible to me.
He claims he owns a 75 2000 Turbo.
It just doesn't exist.
But he says, concerning his registration papers, it's a 1962cc...
that was originally a 1779. Much probably somebody slipped in
a 2000cc carb engine when, it seems the 1779cc engine stopped working.
AS a project sounds interesting.... ;)
He claims his car data are: 96kw/5400rpm,max speed 205km/h, and that's
about an Alfa 75 2000cc Carbs. Not a Twin Spark.
Now I didn't really get to know whether it's a custom turbocharged 2000cc
or a "overbored" 1800 Turbo.
The troubles he reports are (his (corrected) words):
1) the turbocharger don't work (it's damage) and the engine makes a
lot of noise
2)the engine is knocking something inside and I dont know what is it.
3)When I start the engine it runs at 2000rpm with the foot on the clutch
pedal, and when I take the foot away the engine dies.

I know this isn't much of an information. I am still asking him further
details about this car. But if somebody can help...
thanx in advance.
Luca

"When the chosen people
 grew more strong,
 the rightful cause at length
 became the wrong." (John Dryden, Absalon and Achitophel)

937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73