1972 Berlina For Sale: Seattle

Ok folks, I'm selling my Berlina. Why? Because I'm got my eye on another
Alfa and I don't need 3 Alfas. One is fine for a while.

So here are the details:

$1,000.00

It's a fine daily driver. I drive it to work everyday (30 miles each
way) on the freeway. I have had the idler arm rebuilt, tie rod ends
replaced, new transmission mount, new brake pads, new exhaust installed,
new tires (less then 300 miles on them), replaced the starter and
alternator, replaced the column switches (blinkers/high and lo beams
work correctly now), tightened down the steering box (Burmann) and
replaced the rear fuel filter. All instruments work. Installed a NOS
stainless front bumper ($250). Recent alignment as well. There are a few
other odds and ends that I can't remember right now.

The engine is strong, it burns a bit of oil...nothing too bad. It zips
right along and starts without any problems eveytime.

Here is the ugly. The paint is bad. The previous owner painted it red w/
white top and the Kamm tail is painted black. It's got rust, some of it
has been dealt with but some hasn't. The windshield has a crack on the
passenger side. It's not in the line of site and doesn't seem to be
spreading. It needs a wiper motor. There is some driveline vibration at
around 70 mph. That was going to be my next project. And of course there
is the classic gear crunch. If you know how to drive Alfas you can deal
with this, no biggy. The interior is not great, seats are torn and the
back seat rest part is missing. Dash is cracked.

This car is super fun to drive. With a bit more work and an coat of
paint you'd have a decent looking daily driver. Or use it for a track
car. Either way it's a good running little Berlina. I was going to
continue to fix it up but I have a wandering eye.

Damian

Damian Magista
magista@domain.elided
72 Berlina <-- for sale