Fuel injection

Interesting that there are so many no start, sort of start cars going on all at once...

I'll quickly go over some EFI stuff to see if it helps at all...

On fuel injection- the computer supplies a ground to this system, so if you had an volt meter, one of the pins should read 12V if the key is on. Its *possible* that the main injectors have their own fuse, but I would be surprised by that. Anyway, it's something to check...

Ignition- again, the system will provide a ground. I don't have my Bosch handbook in front of me, so I'm not sure where power comes from. On a personal note, for the brief time we had a Milano, the connector that went into the coil was a problem- it was quite loose, and you could see burn marks where the coil tried to ground though itself. Not a cool thing... Oddly, all I did was to make it fit better, and it's been fine ever since (a friend still has the car).

Another person I tried to help had the similar fuel pump relay problem that was noted before. I seem to recall that it was not a cheap fix, but to make sure that it was the problem, he jumpered the relay and the car ran.

And I know that all the grounds were looked at, but they will always be a problem...

hopefully, something there will jog another suggestion...

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm