Mid-life crisis

>Alright, boys and girls, I need some help. A friend of mine is going through
>a quasi-mid-life crisis and is considering a more interesting addition to
>his multi-minivan stable (ugh!). He has driven my '88 Spider and likes it,
>but the silly bugger keeps looking at new BMW and Porsche roadsters (double
>ugh!).

and so on

If you friend is looking for a car to play with on the road and in the garage, have him open the engine compartment of either the German cars, and then the Spider. From what I remember about the Z3, the engine is barely accesable under the plastic cover. and as for the boxter, I've never seen it, but have heard that access is nearly impossible.

For the price of one of the German cars, he can buy a well running Spider, a good set of tools, and lease a garage for several years.

Furthermore, No one has EVER said the following of an Alfa.

"Whats the difference between a Porsche/BMW and a porcupine?"

Mo in NJ