Wiper motor wiring

I've got my entire wiper assembly from my '67 GTV out on the bench (a
"while you're in there" escalation from fixing a blocked washer jet...)
and need some help on understanding the wiring.

I seem to have a '74 wiper motor (..it's written in yellow paint on the
side). This seems to be a 2speed motor (has three
brushes..red,green,ground )but has 4 wires going to the connector, with
only 2 of them (grey,blue) connected to the red,green emerging from the
motor.

Then the wiring loom has 2 connectors completely unused (red +
black/white)..these are on the 67 schematic but I don't understand what
for. I have a single on-position switch (green wire to motor
connector)..no self-parking and the foot-switch does work the wipers.

So, finally, to my questions. Should a '67 have 2 speeds? Did a '74 have
2 speeds?. Did either of them self-park? If so how does that work? Why
are there 4 wires going up to the wiper motor on the 67 if it was only
single-speed?

Thanks, any help appreciated.

-Richard Lane
San Jose