Note to USA owners of 1995 164LS/164Q

I thought this may be valuable to some owners of 1995 cars in the USA,
especially since many of them are now in the hands of second owners:

I was digging thru my files and recently came upon a letter that is dated
Aug 10, 1995 from Riccardo Brugnoli of ARDONA notifying me that the warranty
on 1995 cars for "specified major emission control components" is now 8
years or 80K miles. This is greater than the Owner's Manual specifies and
was due to an EPA mandated change.

Attached to it is a generic letter from the EPA (July 18, 1995) specifying
coverage for (a) catalytic converter (b) Electronic Emission Control Unit
(c) Onboard Emissions Diagnostic Device and (d) Related parts and labor
associated with the above.

These 8 years / 80K miles have expired or are soon expiring for many 1995
owners. I will be sure to have my 8 year California Smog Check done shortly
before this expires.

Scan or photocopy of this letter available upon request.

Ciao,
Karl
Sunnyvale, CA
1995 164LS (70K miles, original owner since May 1995)