RE: Alfa 166 sales in UK

> Just in case anyone thought Alfas revival was going smoothly, I saw a
note in
> the AROC (UK) magazine that total sales of the 166 in the UK in 2002
was a
> staggering 247 units.

I wonder when Alfa is going to learn..

They experienced the same thing here in the US with the 164.  They just
don't play well in this market segment, regardless of how good the cars
might be.

Why don't they dump this market segment and focus on the smaller cars,
where they can be successful?  If they put as much effort at selling the
156 in the US as they did in selling the 166 in the UK, overall they'd
be a lot better off..

bs