RE: bilstein vs sachs vs koni

> The real question is what is it about your Alfa that makes it
> a 'fun' ride?
> More often than not, the trend is to take a street car, lower
> it via some
> 'sport' springs, stiff shocks, big swaybars, and 205 series
> tires and have a
> car that handles like crap and loosens the fillings from your
> teeth, BUT, it
> looks really cool (and fast).
> Then there's that dorky looking 'stock' car, with stock ride
> height, skinny
> tires and a soft suspension, but which drifts around corners
> like it's going
> out of style, and has somebody behind the wheel with a big
> stupid smile on
> their face.....
>
> Purely my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

And I can second that opinion... The closer to stock I take the
suspension, the bigger the grin gets on this dorky face.  Next up,
pulling the old (but still good) Koni's and trying OEM Sachs.  Next up,
replacing the 195/65R14's with 185/70R14's, or maybe 185?70R15's to
change the gearing.

Cheers,
Ian Lomax
71 Spider - 212k smiles