Project Alfa - first road test

I got "most" of the wiring issues sorted out. The problem with the lights
was the speedometer. I had gotten another speedo from someone and for some
reason the harness was wired up backwards sending the power straight to
ground. Still haven't got the wipers working yet and I need to swap some
connections because the heater fan works with the switch off but the
emergency flashers only work with the switch on (that can't be right) but
that's about all that's left.

Anyway, I bore the pain of hanging around the DMV for about two hours to get
the 2003 tags and so yesterday afternoon, after 5 years in the garage, I
finally took it out to do a quick test run and seat the new rings. Man she
runs sweet! The "new" speedometer doesn't work so I'll have to investigate
that but everything else seems to be good. I retorqued the head to the hot
values and now I can start getting the Spica and ignition all dialed in. My
trim pieces are all at the plating and polishing shop and will be ready in
another week or so. After that I can install the new top and tires, take it
down and get the alignment done and she'll be finished.

My kudos and thanks to all those knowledgeable folks and institutions that
helped make this all possible - namely: Wes Ingram, George Willet, Sammy
Hale, Alfa Parts, Norman Racing, Tom Sahines, IAP, Centerline, World
Upholstery, Eriminas and APE to mention a few.

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa