Fred Di Matteo

I just received news from a mutual friend in Florida that Fred Di Matteo's
life has been getting more complicated in ways which (among other things) will
account for his not having gotten back to off-digest queries from some of you,
as well as for his not kibitzing in his usual inimitable style in on-digest
discussions. (His last posts to the digest were on Feb 24).

Since those last posts he has had several angioplasties, a few stents
installed, and is currently coping with pneumonia along with other sidebar
complications in rehab. Despite all that (and his recent legally-blind macular
degeneration, long-standing back problems, the relatively recent loss of Anna,
and more other problems than I could possibly list) the friend says Fred is
still "always cheery and upbeat."

If anyone thinks there isn't "Alfa content" here, he didn't know Fred. Many
years ago one of the top people at ARI said that if they could have bottled
Fred's spirit and sent a half-pint to each dealer they would have still been
selling cars here as fast as they could unload the ships.

Fred will be back on line as soon as he is able. Meanwhile his son Peter is
opening his mail at aroctech@domain.elided, if any of his old friends in AONE or
elsewhere in the Alfa community want to get a message through.

May you live so long and do so much,

John H.