Tom and Ray *Love* the Spider

I have been a long time Car Talk listener, and I have two very distinct memories of the
mention of Alfa Romeo.

1.) it was the first time I ever heard what I was to learn was Car Talk. I was in San
Diego, late 1984 or early 1985, toward the end of my USN service. I listened to an L.A.
jazz station, KKGO, when I could receive it. Once, I heard these guys talking about oil
consumption and Alfas in a call-in format show. They were having a great time at the
caller's expense. I was on the floor, in stitches! It was three or four years before I
heard it again and became a regular fan.

B.) I was in medical school in Seattle, '92 or '93 and Saturday mornings were not
complete without Car Talk. (Still aren't.) I remember someone asking about a
convertible sports car to buy...  Ray said that there was really only one to choose of
any breeding, quality and character, the Alfa Romeo Spider. They laughed off all the
Brits; I don't think the bathtub P-car was mentioned. I can almost hear Tom waxing
eliquoent about the sexiness of the car.

I can't recall another radio show mention of Alfa in the last ten years!

Perry & Diana Wise & Verena Ragazza-'81/'78 Spider Veloce

p.s. I remembered that show when I first gazed upon Verena, decicing whether or not she
would be mine, March, 1997!
http://tax.yahoo.com