odd milano brake feel

hey digesters,

i put my 2.5L milano back together (water pump, front
bushings, tranny mounts, dedion bushing, etc) a couple
weeks ago, and by and large it's running great -
better than it has in a long time.

i still need to correct the ride height (lists to
starboard), but that will have to wait till i am done
with my general exams...

in the meantime, i have a question about my brakes. i
flushed the system and have improved the brake feel
over it's mushy needs-to-be-bled feel. but it's not
perfect. if i simply stomp on the pedal it has a mushy
feel feel like it needs to be bled. however, if i tap
the brake and then immediately apply serious pressure
the pedal has a nice solid feel to it - though also a
slight momentary pull to the left.

is this only because i need to rebleed the system
(seems like that'd be the source of the pulling)? or
is there something else going on like fluid leaking
past the master piston?

thanks,
-ethan schartman
-'87 milano gold