Re: Metric fuel hose, Silicon Valley?

"karl doll" <karld@domain.elided> wrote:

> Any "buddy" know where to get "D8 x 13" fuel hose for my 164LS fuel rail?
> (preferably open sundays)
>
> I believe that means 8mm inside and 13mm outside diameters.
>
> I've told the Digest that these are regular maintenence items and to
> replace them every 2 years...mine are 27 months old and just sprouted
> a leak!
>
> Karl
> Sunnyvale, CA

Just last week I replaced all the fuel hoses in the engine compartment
of my '91 164.  I got the hose from Alfa Parts in Berkeley.

I've taken to using crimp-on Oetiker stepless hose clamps, just like
Alfa uses, because they stay tight as the hose hardens over time.  You
can get them from MSC.

Regards,
-Tom
thomasw@domain.elided