From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Fltrplntman@domain.elided
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 11:14 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Milano driveshaft

To Mark Denovich, Jeff Greenfield, and others who responded to my earlier
post.
I hope that I didn't come off as anti-Alfa mechanic. That was not my intent.

Not in any terms. Mostly I was trying to GIVE praise to the people who post
the technical tips that make Alfa ownership and maintenance one helluva lot
easier.
Secondly, I wasn't insinuating that any mechanical job is easy. I used to
own
a small engine and lawnmower repair center. I know what its like spending
hours on making something work properly, but only being able to bill one to
two hours flatrate. Frustrating to say the least. The only thing that
bothers
me about some of the owners bragging/ complaining that a fairly simple job
costing an arm and a leg. Then thinking that this seems normal. I know of
one
man who "used" to frequent a shop for his American cars. He recently bought
Milano and took it in for a timing belt change. ( he is experienced in
foreign cars also) When the bill was given to him, he noticed that the labor

rate was quite a bit higher. He was told that the rate was different due to
the higher technology of the Italian cars.  Like I said before... he used to

go to him.