Re: cal smog exemption SB 708

Looking at the update to the bill from 3/26, it looks like they
put the 12000 mile rule in there.
(3)  (A)  Any motor vehicle manufactured prior to the 1974
model year that is driven less than 12,000 miles per year.
   (B)  Beginning January 1, 2005, any motor vehicle that is 45
or more model-years old.

So both my Alfas do accrue under 12K miles, but I was looking
forward to having my 79 Alfetta smog exempt in 2009. It looks
like the rolling 30 year exemption will turn into a rolling 45 year
exemption beginning 2005. I will have to wait until 2024 then.
That sucks. If it passes I will seriously attempt to find an out of
state PO box for registration. Not that it's a polluter, but I did
want to have a little fun with a different pump and cams in a
few years.

Stefano
Oakland, CA