Rims & NOS

A highly unlikely hypothetical situation: A young graduate from a
prestigious engineering school decides to work in a restoration shop for
the summer. As boss is rolling the creeper under a car he tells The Kid,
"Install the wheels on the Alfa Romeo Spider over there." The Kid does
as told and lowers the Spider to the ground.

Upon coming out from under the SZ boss is met with a newly restored
Duetto sitting on rims.

I can't afford me let alone a helper, but imagine for a moment The Kid
came to work for Biba Resto. Early on he would be told, "See that round
metal thing? Around here it's called a rim. See that big black round
thing over there? Around here it's called a tire. See that tire over
there which is mounted on a rim? Around here it's called it a wheel."

********

The (next door) Kid (who is taking off this quarter from mechanical
engineering school) popped into my shop a few days ago, "Wanna huff some
nitrous oxide?" I declined. Fortunately I wasn't asked to help him get
the tank out of the rear of his Honda. Tank is 100 pounds empty, 170
filled. Don't believe he was too serious on the 'free sample' since he
has to fill something like (did I get this right?) 1000 canisters before
he breaks even.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA