re: air dam

At 2:05 AM +0000 3/20/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Which prods me to ask a (non-tea tray-related) question:

Has any GTV6 owner ever driven his or her car without the front air dam? I'm
curious what, if any, functionality is different. Certainly there is a
visual effect, and the appearance would suggest some airflow difference at
speed. I don't imagine adding additional downforce would improve handling,
especially with the increase in weight of the 2.5L engine over the 2.0L.

Thoughts, speculations, real world data?

Thanks!

Jim Barrett

Huntington Beach, CA USA
I drove mine for the first half of 2000 without an air dam, didn't notice any differences at speed.

-Joe