Turbina Refinishing

Does anyone have experience restoring the "Turbina" wheels used throughout the 70's and 80's?  Until I break down and buy the Panasports I really want, I've decided to pretty up the original wheels on my '74 GTV.  I've painted lots of steel wheels, but don't have any experience with alloys.  Any tricks getting the paint to adhere properly?  I see that Griot's sells paint designed for alloys.  Anyone have experience with it?  Finally, should I just sandblast and powder coat them?  I'm assuming you can powder coat the alloy just like steel?

Erik Wood