AFM

Hi Listers,

I've been doing some research on a larger AFM for my Verde.   It is ported
and could benefit from more air.

The recommended AFM I've seen by some listers is 0 280 203 002 from 79-82
E12.   Looking through the BMW tuner info on the net I see them replacing
those with a 0 280 203 011 from an E24.    I've seen other recommendations
to replace the 0 280 203 002 and 0 280 203 011 with 0 280 203 004 from a
79-83 E34 733i.

I was wondering what people have been successful with in this part range.
From what I've read, the 0 280 203 002 is a sure fit with increased fuel
pressure and possibly swapping out injectors.

There's also a tweak that allows modification of the stock FPR to give .5
bar more.    Which brings me to my next question.   There was reference on a
site to set pressure to 5 bar.   That seems a little high to me, even with
the AFM spring modification.

Finally, there was reference to replacing the plenum on the 3.0 stating it
was used as a leftover from the 2.5 and too small.   Has anyone ever swapped
out the plenum and/or throttle body to get more air?

tia

-Peter