Oil Consumption and O2 sensor output

Hello Esteemed Digesti,

Can anyone tell me how much oil consumption to expect
on a 90 spider? I drive approximately 100 miles a day
(mostly highway). I seem to use about 2 quarts a
week.I don't ever see any blue smoke, sometimes some
white smoke if I've been idling a long time.

Also, Has anyone monitored their O2 sensor output
voltage for any length of time? I have connected a
voltmeter to the sensor, and the output voltage is all
over the place. It ranges from 100 mV up to 850 mV. I
know it is supposed to be 450 mV at idle, but it is
not constant. Is it time for a new one? I don't ever
get a 1224 code (bad 02 sensor), but sometimes get a
1223 (O2 sensor output out of range).

Finally, could my oil consumption and abnormal O2
sensor output be related? I would expect that if an
abnormal amount of oil was bing burned in the engine,
then the O2 sensor would "see" this as a rich mixture
and try to correct for it.

What can I try short of "part-changing"? I hate
unnecessarily changing parts... It can get expensive.

Thanks,

Ken
90 spider (motronic)
http://webhosting.yahoo.com