Re: 24V temp indicator

Karl Robrock asks:
"today for the first time ever, my temperature gauge started going wild.
Bouncing to the end of its travel (way off the end of the scale) violently
and
quickly. Produces a rather annoying random tapping. Any ideas? Anyone
experienced something like this before? I am hoping it is not a cluster
problem, rather a sending unit or wire problem."

You're onto it, Karl.  The wire leads to the sending unit are just a tad
short, and over time, with motor movement, they will fatigue, resulting in
poor connections.  On our ex-LS, I pulled a bit more slack into the leads
from the fender harness, recrimped the spade connectors, and all was normal.
I bet your gauge is fine.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA