Starter motor bushings

Hi,

The Bosch starter in my car, the 1.1 hp model, part # 0 001 311 111, started to turn sluggishly recently and I pulled it out to clean it up. Everything checked out OK, brushes, continuity, the armature cleaned up well, but the two armature bushings were pretty loose. I call the two (relatively) local Bosch parts Distributors only to find out that the part numbers (which they wouldn't give me) are unique to Alfa (of course), that they aren't a stock item and can only be ordered in quantities of ten. The bushings, which are two different parts, were only $2.00 each. That would mean a $40.00 outlay for parts the Distributor was sure wouldn't move very quickly, although he would be happy to sell me all twenty of them and would only order them on that basis.
Forty bucks is cheaper than it would cost to have them machined and it's nice to have spares I suppose, but...
Has anyone on the Digest found these things available any where else? Does anyone know of a different part # for the same bushings? (Different application, different part number, same bushing, the manufacturers are getting sneaky. We have to keep up).

Thanks,

Steve Smith
Carlsbad, CA --