Re: 164 idle actuator question

Antonio asks: Is it possible to test the operation of the idle actuator off
the car?

Yes. I did this yesterday during my twice yearly clean and lube of the
actuator. I attached a 12v lantern battery- a 9v battery also will work, if
I remember correctly- to the electrical connectors on the actuator and made
sure it opened and closed with current applied and removed.

You may want to clean the unit out with carburetor cleaner then lube it with
WD40 before testing. Make sure the rubber seal that pushes into the hole in
the intake manifold seats well too.

Rich Lasner
92 164 S
ARA