RE: Adjusting Rear Brakes (Transaxle Cars)

Why not just use an old fashioned type ring spanner (box wrench) and grind
the outer edge slightly until it fits ?

The spanner I'm talking about has the wrench part dropped away from the
handle section in a sort of S shape, plus the wrench is quite deep and
offset from the line of the handle.  This style of tool is usually found in
machine shops rather than automotive areas.  After the grinding, I heated
the handle with a propane torch and bent it to fit just that little bit
better.  I think I paid a dollar (60 US cents) for a used 17mm spanner at a
2nd hand tools store.

I'll post a couple of pics of mine on the Alfa Wiki site if I can figure out
how to do it.

Beatle
75TS
Oz

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif]