Re: Bleeding Clutch (Bleedin anythin for that matter)

Dave Partridge asks

<My question is, can I do a "gravity bleed" like you can do with brakes? Or
do you need to pump the fluid through?>

I would suggest one of those simple pressurised bleeding kits that use the
spare wheel pressure to gently replace the old fluid with new. No stressful
pumping of pedals...no tired limbs...no oaths uttered as you try and figure
out where those damned bubbles of air came from. You just recline in comfort
as you ease the bleed nipple open and watch the fluid spurt all over your nice
paintwork (Oh you didn''t forget to put a tube from the nipple into a jar or
tin did you.....tut tut!)

Seriously though, my Gunsons Ezibleed is a great little (inexpensive) piece of
kit, and if these are not available I'm sure there must be something similar
on sale in car accessory shops round your parts.

On a sad note. All self respecting motorcycle racing fans will mourn the
passing of Barry Sheene who has died of cancer at the age of 52. He was a
great racer (500cc World champ in 76 and 77) and a great bloke, and you can't
ask for more than that.

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

164TS
164 Super