Delete? - NAC : Mark Twain

Not wanting one of the USA's greatest citizens to be only partially understood : Aside from being a devout nontheist/FreeThinker (our high priest president and his father thus would have written him off as not being "a real American"), Twain was a ferocious opponent of war and especially American imperialism.

I beg scholars out there to read Twain's short piece "War Prayer." ........ an astounding piece of literature which should be mandatory reading for anyone who wishes to consider a full picture of violent conflict.

Will send on request.

David

PS Of course, his observation about USA school boards (duhh) were utterly dead on as well.