164 and fragile, nope!

>Note. Car was still driveable, I had driven at least 100 miles with it in
>this condition, so who says these cars are fragile?

Jonathan,

I agree, I have 2 164s in daily use and a princess in the driveway. 164s
are tough, forgiving and car carry their weight. I find the suspensions
clever and simple, most major systems to be durable and 150-200K miles an
expectation, not an exception. If you sort out the bugs upon purchase, they
are great long distance cruisers.

Like most Italian cars, getting there requires some maintenance, but the
overall reward is worth it (even after having one towed home last night).

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA
http://alfabill.com