Re: Subaru Alfa and auto box Milano

> Ah, how ironic that the Subie looks like our friends... Subaru hired one of
> Alfa's key designers last year... prolly jumped ship after the employment
> cuts in Italy.

Subaru hired Greek designer Andreas Zapatinas as head of their Advanced
Design studio.  Mr. Zapatinas was working briefly as head of Alfa after
Walter de Silva headed for Seat.

Mr. Zapatinas left Alfa Romeo due to some disagreements on the design
credits or concerns that Centro Stile designs (his designs) wouldn't be
guaranteed for the new Spider, etc.  I believe Alfa wanted to have several
competing designs...

He's not just Alfa's key designer, he is pretty famous in the industry.
He had worked at Fiat under Chris Bangle(d!!) previously and then
worked at BMW for a few years.

> Maybe we'll get some good looking Subes as well....

That Subaru concept is amazing ugly.  Aside from the sort of upside down
Alfa-ish grill, it still looks very beat-it-with-a-stick ugly.  I'm kinda
surprised he
was involved in this given his past design work (Fiat Coupi, Fiat Barchetta,
Alfa 145, BMW Z8, etc..).  Makes the Impreza look mighty fine though! =)