Re: Alfa SUV (Kamal) specs & pics up

> terrible SUV-mated-with-147 looks. Disgusting IMHO.

I don't know...  I just don't know.  Beyond my standard lack of
comprehension for the entire SUV phenomenon the Kamal doesn't seem like a
terribly poorly executed concept to me.  It's a little hard to tell, but
it's kind of agressive looking...

I don't know...

SUVs are here to stay, for at least a while.  The current craze toward
car-based "crossover" SUVs (which is just code for "SUVs that are finally
designed specifically for the fact that NO ONE EVER TAKES THEM OFF ROAD") is
at least a step in the right direction.  It's possible we'll eventually end
up with fun, sporting vehicles with lots of room.  Sort of in the old Volvo
P1800 ES vein.  If the Kamal has driving dynamics more closely slanted
towards Porsche Cayenne/Nissan Murano kind of use, then it might be a heck
of a vehicle.

But I don't know.  I just don't understand these things.  I don't undertand
the market.  I bought my wife a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (because she
wanted one), and I just don't get it!  Even brand new I think it's one of
the biggest pieces of crap ever designed and I NEVER drive it, but my wife
simply loves it.  She LOVES it.  I just don't get it.

Besides, perhaps the Kamal could be an instrumental part of making Alfa
viable in the US again...

Paul Misencik
Huntersville, NC  28078
email: paul@domain.elided