Re: Alfa Motronic

Mark Battley, responding to Paul Misencik's comments on Mercedes-Benz and Alfa
Romeo pretty much bringing up the rear, at least from a digital engine
management perspective, relative to Porsche and BMW, writes "Maybe in the
USA...? But Alfa Romeo was also using Motronic in some cars in Europe by the
early 1980s. I'm not sure which year it was first released, but some years ago
when I lived in Sweden I owned a 1984 Alfetta Gold Cloverleaf that was the top
spec Alfetta in its day complete with Motronic and VVT. Started well at -20
deg C...."

Don't have or want standing in this discussion, except to offer a date;
d'Amico & Tabucchi say that the Alfetta Quadrifoglio Oro tipo 116.55n with
Motronic, VVT, and various other mostly cosmetic changes was introduced as a
1983 model. The same engine package (tipo 01713) was also used on the Alfa 90
2.0i tipo 162A2A from its 1984 introduction and on the Alfa 90 2.0i Super tipo
162A2E from 1986.

Cheers

John H.