RE: gauges go with e-brake

> My 72 spider has an electrical glitch so that when the emergency brake
light
> comes-on, the oil pressure, gas and temp gauges lose function. I've
studied
> the wiring diagram, but can't seem to make the connection.
> Any ideas would be most welcome.

From memory, there is a warning light on the dash or console that
indicates the parking brake is set.  I'd hazard a guess that there is a
problem with the wiring to this light, such that when the parking brake
is set on your car it's dragging the voltage down on that circuit, which
probably also powers the other gauges (my speculation).

Something else that could be happening, is that all of those gauges have
a common ground, if that ground is not solid then maybe when you
activate the parking break there is something pulling the gauge ground
up?

Chase around the wiring between the parking brake lever and the parking
brake warning light, also check the grounds on your gauges.

HTH,

bs