RE: BMW Air Flow Meter - Open Filter Replacement

One of the things that interested me with this setup is the extension tubing
available from the AFM to the cone filter with various lengths and angles to
relocate the cold air intake to somewhere possibly more efficient than the
stock box.  For example on a Verde to mabye remove the fog lights and poke it
out the airdam.

IRT the bigger AFM.  I had a private response from a digester that used the
early 80's 528.   I've heard the 325 AFM kicked around here.    I'd be
interested in what people here have actually installed and had success with.
Sounds like a possible candidate for my Verde since it has stage-5 head work
already and would be ideal to increase breathing.

-Peter