Re: Dynamat

giovannirizzo wrote:
Just had a speaker blow on the Milano. As I'll have to go in and replace,
I'm thinking of adding some dynamat or similar sound absorbtion material on
the door panels. i remember an AD member noting there was a less, expensive
and lighter alternative.
Frost King Duct Insulation, is I believe the same stuff as the under-hood Dynamat insulation. It is a foil backed, adhesive covered 1/4" foam. Works pretty well for deadening panel vibrations, and is a good insulator (keeps my ABS Unit from acting up.) $15 a roll at Home Despot. I don't know how it compares with the other heavier asphalt-based dynamat.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org